Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm in Love

Thats right that is the title of my blog. I'm madly and passionately in love. I have been for about a year and half. On May 28th, 2009 it happened. It was a normal night i was at camp and talking to somebody and i decided to allow this Man into my heart. This man is Jesus Christ. Jesus has been there for me my whole life like no other person has ever been.

The reason i titled my blog this is because i'm 21 yrs old. I've never been pursued, never been asked out on a date. I'm constantly being asked by family if i will get married and my answer is i dont know. there answer to that is why don't you go on eharmony. haha. Well here is my true answer i would love to get married but do i think i will get married i have no idea. I'm trusting God with it. But do I want to get married yes and no.

The reason behind the yes and no is because i have really high standards towards the man i will marry. He has to be a man after God's own heart, he has to have a heart for the poor, he will support me in everything i do. We will live in the inner city and we will strive to be like Christ daily. I also want to live a simple life. This means nothing big. I dont want a diamond. I dont want a big house i dont want anything fancy. I want to live simply because i want to rely on Christ for everything and support other people.

I dont know what God has planned for my life. But as of right now at the age of 21 i dont have a desire to get married. My main desire is to strive after God and do what HE wants in my life. This means going to college finishing it and praying for Him to show me what He wants from me in my life. I may not get married and honestly i'm okay with that.

I think are society has ruined marriage and what it looks like to have a prince charming. I'm praying for God to show me what He wants because He is the one i'm in Love with nobody else. Just Jesus and I want Him more and More daily.

In Matthew 19:12 Jesus says others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it. Am i ready to accept the fact that marriage may not be for me yes. Because that means that I will be working for Jesus kingdom and doing His will and going where He wants me.

I'm not writing this blog to have other people feel sorry for me and to have me be hooked up with some of your single friends im writting this because i do believe that not everybody is called to be married. Some are called to stay single so they can focus on God and not on there significant other.

Love in Christ,

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. This is why I can see God in you. I can see that you have surrendered your life to him and it is so encouraging. love you girl

    ReplyDelete