Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blessings

As i sit in my dorm room its the last day i have with my roommates. These last couple of days God has been rocking my world. I've realized how much i've been blessed while here at Wayne. I've been given two amazing roommates who love God and have pushed me to be better in my walk and who i've had some amazing laughs and crys with. I will miss them like crazy.

I've been given a best friend who love Jesus and who is constantly pushing me to be better in my walk, who will give me tough love when i need it, who is always a phone call away when i've been having a bad day, and will just sit there when i need to cry. I've been blessed to see her grow in her walk and realize that I am blessed her call her my best friend and my sister. She has seen me laugh so much that i've almost cried and she has seen me at my worst yet has never given up on me. She is my best friend and has shown me that trust is real and people won't always leave.

I was given four amazing guy friends this year who have just blessed me so much. I've never have laughed so much when i'm with them. I thank God for them in my life and they are great and I pray that they will find Jesus.

I was given a teacher who showed me what it means to really have empathy for people. He has shown me numerous things and God has just shown up in his life this year and all the years i've had him. I remember sitting in his class my sophomore year and hating him and thinking that he was so unprofessional because he dropped the f bomb all the time. Well here comes my second year and he is my favorite professor on campus. Crazy how God can change your hear. It was in his class that I got my calling to work with inner city kids. I remember sitting there one day and him talking about youth and how they have no hope because they don't have anybody who loves them and my heart and mind going they need Jesus and God telling me I would be working with youth like them some day. Last summer i had the amazing chance to go to the Inner City of LA and seeing God show up there and changing my heart. I told this professor that it was in his class i got the calling and he told me that he believes where God wants you is the most amazing place to be and to follow my dreams and desires as long as they line up with Gods. I've had many conversations with this professor about my life and his life and I pray that someday he will be in heaven with me and all my christian friends.

This professor has shown me nothing but love and mercy. When i took my last final with him he walked me out and told me that he would miss me and that he would always remember me and that i've set the record to how many classes somebody has taken with him. I will miss him dearly and he has told me to write a book about my life, Dr. Greene you are the one who should write about your life. You have a story nobody could ever imagine. Thank you for who you are and what you are doing here at Wayne State. Keep changing students lives.

Then you have all my Cru friends. you have never given up on me. When times are tough and i want to pull away you bring me back to Christ and i thank you for that. I don't know what i would do without you guys. I will miss you all like crazy!

Kingsley! Oh emily you mean so much to me and i thank God for putting you in my life when i needed you the most! You have helped me so much and thank you.

To all my Wayne State friends i will miss you and I thank God for you and you have all had a special place in my heart. Mostly God has blessed me with some amazing people and my prayer is that you all realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment